All Requests

Film permit requests are submitted via EMS Web App. Film permits are approved by the Film Advisory Committee and granted by Facilities Management.  A step-by-step guide to making a request in the EMS Web App can be by clicking the button below.

Auraria Filming

For information on how to request a permit on property owned and operated by Auraria (this includes sidewalks, alleyways, airspace and parking lots) click the button below.


COVID-19 Campus Permission

All persons wishing to film at any location must have permission to be on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.  If you do not fill out the form below and receive permission from the committee, you will not be considered for a film permit from the Film Advisory Committee.

Filming with a 3rd Party Vendor - Non University Entity

If your film project requires the use of a third party to film, and the end product of the project will ultimately remain the legal property of the vendor - use these documents and processes.

Filming with a Drone on University Property

In accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, and to ensure public safety and maintain a reasonable expectation of privacy for the entire campus community, the University of Colorado Denver , Anschutz Medical Campus, and the CU South location currently has a policy that prohibits unapproved drone flights over properties owned, operated, and controlled by the campus. If you wish to have your drone flight considered for exception to this policy, click the button below for the steps that must be followed.



News Media Requests

We welcome conventional news media outlets to coordinate directly with our University Communications office for any filming or photography needs on campus.  Permits are still required, but our office can help facilitate a smooth and expedited process.  Failure to do so may result in work stoppage and/or removal from campus facilities.


Students filming on either campus have several steps to follow in addition to filling out the in-person form AND the EMS request.  Please click the button below for the most up-to-date forms.

University Projects Filmed by University Staff

If your film project is being filmed by university staff or your third party vendor is releasing the content to you, click the button for the related documents and process.