Course Eligibility and Restrictions

Courses must have a "University of Colorado Anschutz Main Campus" designation to be eligible for the Tuition Assistance Benefit on the University of Colorado Anschutz campus. You can find the campus designation in course details or Class Search. The following restrictions apply:

  • Courses offered through Continuing Education, audited courses, extended studies, Outreach Programs, Study Abroad and/or noncredit courses do not qualify for the Tuition Assistance Benefit.
  • Employees utilizing the tuition waiver cannot participate in concurrent registration.
  • An employee’s coursework must be taken outside scheduled working hours or with an adjusted work schedule of equivalent hours acceptable to the employing department.
  • An employee cannot use the 9 credit hour waiver during an academic year (one or more semesters) in which their dependent is utilizing the discount and vice versa.
  • Employees classified for tuition purposes as nonresident undergraduates cannot enroll in more credit hours than the benefit they are using in any given semester.
  • Employees who are enrolled full-time can use the benefit during the fall or spring semesters.
    • Students enrolled in courses part of the professional programs (School of Dental Medicine, Skaggs School of Pharmacy, School of Medicine) do not qualify for the Tuition Assistance Benefit.


    Eligible CU Anschutz programs/courses: 

    • College of Nursing 
      • Only courses held at Anschutz Medical Campus are eligible. 

    Colorado School of Public Health 

    • The following courses are NOT Eligible: PUBH 6606, BIOS 6990, CBHS 6990, EHOH 6990, EPID 6990, HSMP 6990, PMHW 6990, and PUBH 6991

    ***STARTING IN SPRING 2024 TERM There are no longer restrictions on Public Health Courses.*** 

    • Graduate School Programs/Courses
    • The following Pharmacy programs (PharmD is ineligible)
    • Pharmaceutical Sciences 
    • Toxicology
    • Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research

    Ineligible CU Anschutz programs/courses: 

    • School of Medicine programs
    • School of Dental Medicine programs
    • Physical Therapy program
    • Skaggs School of Pharmacy PharmD program (traditional & non-traditional)
    • School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program (CHA/PA) program
    • Anesthesiology program
    • Additional ineligible CU Anschutz courses: 
      • Courses offered through extended studies
      • All other programs are not specifically listed in the above eligible section. 

    AMC - CU Employees may register up to seven (7) days before the start of the semester or the first day of their desired class, whichever is earlier. Dependents applying for employee tuition waivers can register when enrollment opens for the semester. 


    Student Billing

    CU Anschutz

    Education II North

    13120 East 19th Avenue


    Aurora, CO 80045

    Fax: 303-315-1805


    CMS Login