FAQ and Facts About Financial Aid

Chances are you aren't the only one who's asked.

Applying For Financial Aid

Financial Aid Reward

Disbursement of Your Financial Aid

Student Loans

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?

Federal and state financial aid regulations require that students meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Standards to be eligible for financial aid. The purpose of SAP is to ensure academic success and graduation. Students who do not meet the SAP standards are not eligible for aid.​​


Special Circumstances or Reduction in Income

Study Abroad

Can I get financial aid to study abroad?

Most federal, state and institutional sources of financial aid for which a student may normally qualify, with the exception of work-study and certain scholarships, can be used towards covering reasonable costs associated with authorized CU Anschutz study abroad programs. Your study abroad must be approved by the Global Education: Study Abroad Office. ​​You may be eligible to receive financial aid for authorized study abroad programs, if the study abroad course fulfills CU Anschutz degree requirements.

Visit the Global Education: Study Abroad​ web site for more information. Then contact us to see if financial aid is available to help pay for your study abroad expenses.​​


Work-Study Employment