The Emergency Management Division at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus provides guidance and support in the realm of emergency preparedness for the campus community.
Through collaboration and coordination with students, faculty, staff, visitors, and external partners, the Anschutz Medical Campus Emergency Management Division is continually striving to create a culture of resiliency, fostered in inclusiveness and equitability.
Emergency preparedness means being ready to respond to and recover from emergencies and disasters from an all-hazards approach. It takes all departments, schools & individuals here on campus to make sure we achieve our goals of readiness and resiliency.
Use these to familiarize yourself with resources available here on the CU Anschutz Medical Campus
View Campus Resources
Learn what to do in the event of an active harmer situation
Run, Hide, Fight
Request Weather Support
The Emergency Management Division works with the National Weather Service to provide weather support for campus related events.
Emergency Management's Role on Campus
Preparedness activities include the following:
- Campus wide emergency planning
- Planning & preparedness for all schools & colleges during all phases of emergencies (preparedness, mitigation, response, recovery, and continuity of operations or COOP)
- Preparedness education and outreach for all members of the campus community
- Facilitation of training and exercises with campus partners and stakeholders
- Coordination and collaboration with campus partners, as well as external stakeholders (other campuses, other universities, local, county, state, and federal partners)
- Management and continued development of the campus Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
The Emergency Management Division is here to assist all members of the campus community (students, faculty, and staff) with all of your preparedness needs. Please contact the division if you need assistance, information, or guidance on your preparedness activities.
Additional CU Anschutz Medical Campus Resources