NSP Inclusivity Statement
It is the mission of the Neuroscience Faculty Equity & Inclusion committee (NSP E&I; est. 2019) to promote equity and inclusion within the CU Anschutz Neuroscience community. To specifically address inclusivity we have developed a number of initiatives to ensure that the current and future students, particularly those from underrepresented backgrounds, in our program are happy and supported:
- Promote an enriched environment for our program.
- Seminar Series includes speakers from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Annual Retreat pre-meeting (students only) on equity and inclusion issues.
- “Entering Mentoring” curricula provided to NSP faculty members.
- E&I section of NSP Newsletter to highlight opportunities and accomplishments of students of URM.
- Biannual trainings for faculty and students on E&I issues (e.g. Implicit Bias)
- Community-building activities designed to support students of color. (In progress, launching fall 2020).
- Social events (monthly lunch).
- Lunches with seminar speakers from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Preparation support for grants, supplements.
- Preparation support for presentations.
- Receive regular feedback from our Student Advisory Board for NSP Equity &Inclusion Committee.
- Support and encourage community groups with focus on diversity.
- Neuroscience Outreach Group (NOG)
- Black Student Collective
- Anonymous annual survey to solicit feedback from current students. (In progress, launching fall 2020).