The research interests of program faculty span the breadth of molecular biology.
Faculty interests include:
- DNA replication, RNA transcription, localization and mRNA translation
- Bioinformatics and computational biology
- Intracellular regulation of cell division, signaling, cell migration and cell polarization
Regulation of cell stress response and molecular assemblies
- Genetic and molecular mechanisms governing organismal development, tissue differentiation and cell fates
- Structural biology of macromolecular machines, proteins and nucleic acids
- Pathogenic mechanisms of infectious and non-communicable disease
- Drug discovery and molecular mechanisms of drug resistance and response
- Technology and methods development, including optogenetics and gene editing
Note: "MOLB Non-Training Faculty" do not serve as thesis mentors for Molecular Biology students.