Breaks & Meals, Expert Panel on COVID-19, Free Masks, At-Home COVID-19 Tests, Boosters
February 1, 2022
As COVID-19 conditions continue to change quickly, we are reviewing current state and local public health guidelines alongside campus protocols including masking requirements. We will share any updates to our protocols or operations via email. At this time, masks remain required for everyone in indoor campus spaces.
Inclement Weather? Where to Take Breaks & Meals
When taking breaks or meals indoors, find a designated space
, keep 6+ feet from others, and limit unmasked time in these spaces. Take breaks and meals outdoors, or in your vehicle, when weather permits.
Expert Panel Discusses Omicron, Masks & More
CU Anschutz experts came together last week for a panel discussion about the latest developments in the COVID-19 pandemic, including the omicron variant, masks, home tests, boosters and more. Read a summary and watch the video recording in the newsroom.
Where to Get Free KN95 & Surgical Grade Masks
Free KN95 and surgical grade masks are available at select public libraries and other community sites across the state of Colorado. Masks can be picked up (five per person) at the locations detailed below.
Free At-Home COVID Tests via U.S. Postal Service
Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order four at-home COVID-19 tests, delivered by the U.S. Postal Service. The tests are free.
Additional testing options, including testing through our partner COVIDCheck Colorado, are detailed here.
Boosters Were Required by January 24
COVID-19 booster shots were required for all students, faculty and staff beginning last Monday, January 24.
Students and employees must record booster information in the CU Anschutz vaccine verification system,
as outlined on the vaccine information webpage.
If you have not yet completed the booster requirement or have questions, see below.
- If you have received your booster but not completed the verification process, follow the instructions on the vaccine information webpage to add your booster information today.
- If you are ill with COVID-19, or if you have been treated with monoclonal antibodies and advised not to get a booster for a period of time, please fill out the Delayed Booster Request Form. Please plan to get your booster dose and add your booster information to the CU Anschutz vaccine verification system after the specified amount of time has elapsed
– 30 days after positive COVID-19 diagnosis, or 90 days after receiving monoclonal antibodies.
- If you have previously been ill with COVID-19 and recovered, you must comply with the booster requirement. The CDC does not recommend deferring vaccination or booster based on infection beyond the period of isolation or as
symptoms are resolved.
- If you previously filed for and were granted a permanent exemption to the CU Anschutz vaccine requirement, you do not need to submit another exemption request for the booster and no further action is required at this time. Religious exemptions are
not available for students, per CU Anschutz COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
- If you previously filed for and were granted a temporary medical exemption to the CU Anschutz vaccine requirement, you will need to submit verification that you received a booster once you are eligible to do so.
- Medical exemption from vaccination is only approved for individuals with an absolute contraindication to vaccination per CDC guidance. Currently, the only absolute contraindications to COVID-19 vaccination are i) severe immediate allergic
reaction to a previous dose or to a component of the COVID-19 vaccine, ii) immediate reaction of any severity to a previous dose or known (diagnosed) allergy to a component of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Religious exemptions are not available for students, per CU Anschutz COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
- If you are not yet eligible for a booster,
you will be required to get the booster within one month of eligibility.
- If you need to schedule your booster shot, you can do so through UCHealth My Health Connection or any vaccine provider.
Campus Resources & Reminders