COVID-19 & the CU Anschutz Community
November 17, 2020
COVID-19 Testing: Options for Asymptomatic & Symptomatic Testing
CU Anschutz employees and students, as well as household members, have several options for free COVID-19 testing, depending on whether you:
- have symptoms of COVID-19
- have no symptoms of COVID-19
- have been exposed (within 6 feet for 15+ minutes over 24-hour period of COVID-positive individual)
*COVID-19 symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea.
Safe Holidays: Travel & Gatherings
Travel Increases Risk
- IF YOU TRAVEL: please plan to self-quarantine if possible (work or learn remotely, and do not come to campus) for 14 days following your return.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms or believe you may have been exposed while traveling, self-report and
get tested, right away.
- If unsure whether to self-report, please follow this guide.
- If you are unable to work remotely upon return and need to self-quarantine, you will need to take leave to accommodate this time off.
- If you are unable to learn remotely upon return and need to self-quarantine, please work with your faculty and/or dean of students in your school or college on plans specific to your academic schedule.
Limit Gatherings & Find Safe Alternatives
Colorado currently limits personal gatherings to no more than 10 people, from no more than two separate households.
Your county of residence may have additional guidance and restrictions on gatherings.
Find recommendations from the CDC for safe alternatives to traditional holiday gatherings such
- Having small dinners with only members of your household, or holding virtual meals.
- Delivering food to those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 in a contactless manner.
- Shopping online, rather than in-person.
- Avoiding large indoor gatherings of people who are not in your household.
- Watching sporting events, parades, movies from home.
Some of our campus experts provide additional tips on how to enjoy safe holidays here.
Flu Shots: It's Not Too Late
It’s not too late to get a flu shot! Call the Campus Health Center at 303-724-6242 to schedule an appointment or find another vaccine location.
Mental Health: Resources & Tools for You
If you or a colleague need support, there are many mental health resources available for our CU Anschutz community.
Let’s continue to look out for each other this holiday season.
Exposure Notifications: Opt In to Fight COVID
One more tool to stay safe - remember that by opting into the State of Colorado’s exposure notifications website, your phone will notify you if another user you’ve been
near tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Self-Reporting: Help Keep #CUAnschutzTogether
Remember to self-report
if you fall into any of these categories. Unsure whether to self-report? Follow
- You have COVID-19 symptoms.
- You have had prolonged contact within 6 feet or less with a confirmed case of COVID-19, whether wearing masks or not, for 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
- You have tested positive or are presumptively positive for COVID-19, and/or are in isolation.
- You recently pursued testing for COVID-19 due to exposure or symptoms.
- You are under quarantine by direction of a public health agency or medical provider.
After submitting your self-report, stay home and await further instruction from the CU Anschutz Occupational Health and Contact Tracing team.
Questions? Contact Cody Coburn, RN, Occupational Health Division Manager, at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-724-4663.
Holiday Schedule & Modified Academic Calendars
University operations at CU Anschutz are closed Thursday and Friday, 11/26 and 11/27, for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Holiday hours are in place at campus check-in and screening locations starting 11/25, and
details are on the coronavirus website, the campus map and
posted signage. You must complete the daily health questionnaire during after-hours self-check-in.
Modified academic schedules are in place in
our schools, college and programs. Find details on the academic calendars webpage.