COVID-19 & the CU Anschutz Community
October 28, 2020
Adams County Moves Up to Level 3 of Safer at Home
A rising number of COVID-19 cases and increased hospitalizations has prompted Adams County to move to Level 3 of the ‘Safer at Home’ public health order and implement new guidelines.
Beginning at 5 p.m. TODAY, non-critical retail stores, houses of worship and restaurants will be asked to operate at 25% capacity.
What It Means For CU Anschutz
Our campus has been proactive, putting measures in place that are in accordance with both local and national guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our campus and community.
Thanks to the advance work, planning and adherence to our safety protocols, there will only be limited impacts to our campus with the Level 3 designation. These are the operational changes to our campus:
- Clinical Research – Research trials already underway will continue as planned. The research team will halt the opening of some new clinical trials (most category 5) at this time. To continue to support our safety strategies, additional COVID officials oversight will be undertaken in Research buildings. For more information on research operations, see today’s message from Dr. Tom Flaig, Vice Chancellor of Research.
- Classroom Education – There are no changes to our classroom programs at this time, as we have been operating within guidelines. Vigilance to safety protocols is critical for the rest of the semester.
- Anschutz Health and Wellness Center – Study subjects and other formal research taking place at the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center will continue as we are within guidelines and recommendations. Per CDPHE’s latest public health order, the fitness center will begin operating at 25% capacity, or 25 people, whichever is fewer, per room, so long as people can stay 6 feet apart from each other. We will keep you informed if and when this changes.
- Strauss Health Sciences Library – Student access to the Strauss Library is still available. We ask students to reserve study rooms and study individually as much as possible. Please continue to follow the library rules: clean your room before and after use, wear your mask at all times, and follow campus attestation and check-in policies.
- Administrative Requests – We will limit approvals of one-off requests for campus access to those deemed critical. Recurrent requests are being tracked and will be denied. Please plan accordingly and review your current staff with interim critical access approval, to adjust down wherever possible.
- Food Service - Our food service operations are not impacted as our current campus options are limited to grab-and-go, rather than in-person dining.
Keep #CUAnschutz Together
We will continue to monitor the situation as it develops and will make further adjustments if needed. Please regularly check your email and cuanschutz.edu/coronavirus for the latest information.
Thank you for continuing to comply with safety protocols and recommendations, both on and off campus, to keep #CUAnschutzTogether.