COVID-19 & the CU Anschutz Community
July 10, 2020
Report COVID-19 Exposure & Testing
With an increase of COVID-19 cases in Colorado and around the country, we remind you that you must report your status through the confidential self-report form if exposed, awaiting test results or tested positive, or symptomatic.
If you fall into any of the following groups, please take the steps below:
- You have had prolonged contact of 15 or more minutes, in proximity of 6 feet or less, with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- You are under quarantine and/or awaiting test results for COVID-19.
- You have tested positive or are presumptively positive for COVID-19.
- You believe you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms.
Three steps for reporting:
- Let your supervisor/unit head or professor know immediately.
- Follow the recommendations of your public health agency or medical provider, including self-quarantining for 14 days if you have had prolonged contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Submit your confidential self report.
A travel update sent this week
noted that all non-essential university-related travel is suspended through at least December 31, 2020.
Only essential domestic business travel may be considered for an exception. If you choose to conduct personal travel, you are urged to take the steps noted under Travel and Quarantines on the coronavirus website
Same-Day Entry Screening Update
Those approved for on-campus activity who plan to visit both a CU Anschutz facility and a UCHealth facility on the same day no longer need to complete both the CU Anschutz and UCHealth screening protocols.
Simply complete the CU Anschutz screening process
upon arrival and show your wristband when entering UCHealth facilities.
Return to Campus Reminders
Some reminders as the gradual ramp up of select on-campus activity continues:
- All individuals on campus, including clinical providers, must follow detailed protocols before entering CU Anschutz facilities and prior to being present on campus.
- Wear a face covering or mask at all times, indoors and outdoors, and remain 6 feet from others at all times.
- Complete the required CU: COVID-19 Return to Campus Skillsoft training in advance of coming to campus.
- Complete a daily health questionnaire prior to arrival at a designated check-in location for screening if planning to enter any university facility. The questionnaire is accessible at covidcheckpoint.cuanschutz.edu, or by scanning the QR code posted at check-in locations.
- Wear your building access wristband, received at screening, throughout the day. If entering a UCHealth facility on the same day, display your wristband upon entry.
- Find full protocols and screening details on the return to campus webpage.
- Read the latest operational decisions in place on the coronavirus website.
Campus Resources & Reminders