CARES ACT: HIGHER EDUCATION EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND (HEERF) DISCLOSURE
Updated: July 2, 2020
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz signed and returned the Department of Education’s Certification and Agreement acknowledging that the university will use 50 percent of the total funds received under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount received for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to distribute to students was $5,092,042.00.
- The estimated total number of students eligible for federal student aid and therefore eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 11,442.
- The total number of students who have received Emergency Grant aid as of June 29, 2020 is 3,315.
- Total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grant funds distributed to students as of June 29, 2020 is $4,529,480.00.00
- Guidance provided to students concerning the eligibility criteria and the application process for the emergency financial aid grants were provided as follows:
- Broad email messaging to all students was sent on May 1, 2020 and directed students to the Financial Aid webpage provides details on how to apply.
- Emails were sent to students on May 1, 2020 and May 29, 2020 to students who were determined to be eligible for federal student aid directing them to a web-based application for CARES Act funds.
- Information regarding the Emergency Financial Aid Grants has also been shared with students via Division of Student Success Newsletters, Twitter and Facebook.
- Information was made available to students via web resources found at the following link https://www.cuanschutz.edu/coronavirus
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz determined eligibility by requiring the student to meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a degree or aid eligible certificate program
- Eligible for federal student aid (Complete a FAFSA and meet eligibility requirements)
- Have unexpected costs related to the disruption in campus operations due to coronavirus.
- Students who are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grant may receive an award up to $6195 depending on reported qualifying expenses.