Our outreach program goal is to connect our members with opportunities to volunteer in their community.
These events have included:
- hosting science days for Girl Scouts and girls in the community
- judging and volunteering at science fairs
- educating students about STEM careers at the Denver Public Schools 8th grade career fair
- providing mentorship to high school student research projects
- hosting a shadowing high school student
- creating science education programs in partnership with Colfax Community Network
Outside of education, we also work to connect our members with community service and education programs. In the past we have had members attend health policy lobbying day at the Colorado State Capitol to engage lawmakers in our outreach.
Learn more about our past events here.
If you are interested or would like to get involved, join our mailing list or email our Co-Outreach Coordinators, Evelyn Llerena Cari and Lauren Thompson.