Policies & Guidelines
Event Submission Requirements
Events may only be submitted for consideration for the calendar by
members of the CU Anschutz community (students, faculty and
staff) through the calendar's event submission form.
An account is required to login and submit events to the calendar.
- Use the Calendar Submission Form
Events must be submitted through the calendar's online event submission
- Be an Approved University Entity
Events should be organized and/or sponsored by a CU Anschutz entity (school, department, program, office, center or institute).
- Have an Approved Room Reservation
Prior to submitting an event to the calendar, the event
organizer/sponsor must have completed an approved room reservation
through the EMS room reservation system and ensure that the dates and times
associated with the event are correct. An event published to the calendar does not reserve the location.
- Provide Complete Event Information
Although only Event Name, Description and Start Date are required fields, event listings should also include Time, Location,
a complete and thorough description that includes sponsor/host and contact information, and a
high-quality image (940x557px is ideal). Note that event flyers or images containing text do not
comply with federal website accessibility requirements and will not be accepted. A
website link for additional information is encouraged, as are filters that allow your event to be categorized. Only event
information that is finalized and ready for public viewing will be
published to the calendar.
- Meet Calendar Submission Deadlines
Event submissions should be submitted at 5-7 business days before
the event to be included in the calendar. However, event organizers are
encouraged to submit their events to the calendar as far in advance as
possible to allow adequate time for event promotion.
Also review: best practices for event titles, descriptions and images
Events Not Approved to the Calendar
- Events submitted not using a @cuanschutz.edu or hospital affiliate email account.
- Events that lack required information.
- Events that lack appropriate sponsorship by a CU Anschutz entity or lack a clear connection to the University.
- Events that lack the approval of an appropriate University entity.
- Events found not to have an approved room reservation.
- Events submitted less than five business days before the event date.
- Classes, department meetings, student organization meetings, and save the
dates will not be displayed on
Calendar Regulation & Authority
Event submissions that are assigned a department filter will be routed to the designated Event Admin (the unit's communicator) for review. The
approval process can take up to two business days. Submissions may be accepted as is, sent back to the user for editing, or denied. CU Anschutz reserves the right to delete and/or edit event listings if
they do not meet appropriate criteria, including language that doesn't
meet community standards, university policies and procedures, or
violates local, state or federal law.