Retreats, Seminars, and Conferences
Immunology students are encouraged and expected to participate in departmental events that include:
- The annual Colorado Immunology and Microbiology Conference. This scientific conference/retreat is held late summer or early fall at one of a selection of resort locations in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.
- Immunology and Microbiology Graduate Student Retreat. This social and scientific gathering is organized by students annually and is held at the Mount Evans High-Altitude Laboratory.
- Research in Progress (RIP) presentations. These formal presentations occur weekly throughout the academic year. Each week, two individual students or postdoctoral fellows present for 20-25 minutes to outline their ongoing or recent research. There is
a lively question and discussion session.
- Student Journal Club. This journal club is organized by students and meets weekly throughout the academic year to introduce and discuss recent literature. Participation builds a broader understanding of current Immunology Research and hones critical thinking
and presentation skills.
- Immunology and Microbiology Seminars and Speaker lunches. These provide additional opportunity to gain familiarity with current Immunology research and to meet and interact with faculty from other institutions who are active in such research.