phone: (303) 724-3704
office: University of Colorado-Dept. of Pathology
Mail Stop B216-A01
Aurora, Colorado 80045
Steven Lewis is Clinical Professor of Pathology at University of Colorado; Senior Fellow of the American College of OB/GYN and Fellow of the College of American Pathology.
He chaired Public Programs at University of Colorado’s Given Institute, is Chief Medical Advisor for Aspen's Center for Social Values, and a Faculty Associate at the University of Colorado Center for Bioethics and Humanities where he recently co-moderated a panel on art in medicine.
A nationally recognized artist, Lewis has several “in Residence” positions, including Namaste Hospice Center.
Lewis founded Women's Centers and laboratories and with his research, he enhanced women’s care globally.
• Undergraduate education: University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
• Medical education: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center (School of Medicine), Denver, CO
• Internships: Cornell-Weill University Medical Center, The New York Hospital, New York, NY
• Residency (OB/GYN): Cornell-Weill University Medical Center, The New York Hospital, New York, NY
• Residency (Anatomic Pathology): Cornell-Weill University Medical Center, The New York Hospital, New York, NY
• Residency (GYN/ Oncology): Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
• Fellowship (OB/ GYN/ Pathology): Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY