October 18, 2017
Chancellor Elliman delivered the annual State of the Campus address on October 18, 2017.
In his remarks, Chancellor Elliman highlighted the following:
- National perspective on healthcare research funding following the 2016 election
- Updates on CU Anschutz strategies
- Investing in clinical excellence
- Research enterprise and diversity
- Expand efforts on mental health research
- Continue to enhance capacity to educate healthcare workforce
- Noted areas of opportunity for the campus:
- Increased marketing efforts and establishing a unique identity for the campus
- Cross collaboration between schools and colleges.
- Addressing space and infrastructure concerns on campus
- Spoke to the specific drivers of continued success
- Importance of relationship and partnership with UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Innovation efforts and continued importance of technology advances
- Philanthropy and strategic fundraising
View the address in its entirety below or read the complete transcript.