Benefits Checklist

Navigating higher education can be challenging for any student. It can be especially challenging for students using VA education benefits. That's why we're here to help.

Whether you're a first-year student, transfer student, undergraduate or graduate student, our checklist provides you with step-by-step directions to follow when using your VA education benefits at CU Anschutz Medical Campus. You will learn the directions and the procedures, the forms to submit and the deadlines to keep in mind, as well as the specific requirements for the benefit you will be using.

You’ll start by confirming that your program is approved by the VA, applying to CU Anschutz and being admitted, and end with submitting our certification request.

And, anywhere you run into trouble throughout the process, or have additional questions, your VMSS staff is always ready to assist at

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at