Fiscal Year 2021 June Close
Critical Dates for Journal Entries and CU-Data ReportsJun 8, 2021
June 30, 2021 is the end of the University of Colorado's fiscal year. Financial statements as of that date will be prepared for audit and publication. Each school or department plays a critical role in ensuring that all financial transactions for the fiscal year are entered correctly into the PeopleSoft (PS)/general ledger (GL) and are in conformity to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Campus financial statements and reports (including assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures) should be correctly stated for the Fiscal Year ending 6/30/2021.
Journal Entry and CU-Data Reports Critical Dates:
- 7/01/2021- Last day to submit JE’s and PETs requiring OGC approval to ensure posting for the 1st close.
- 7/7/2021- Campus first close.
- 7/9/2021- First close reports will be available.
- 7/12/2021- Last day to submit JE’s and PETs requiring OGC approval to ensure posting for the 2nd close.
- 7/14/2021- Campus second close. Final close for PETs, and CU Medicine’s fund 80’s and fund 35’s.
- 7/16/2021- Second close (Period 996) reports will be available.
- 7/29/2021- June Period 998 reports will be available.
- Year-End Memo and Schedule (Finance Office)
- Year-End Town Hall - Finance slides
- Year-End Town Hall - PSC’s slides
- Procurement Service Center Year-End Packet
- An example of FYE accruals (video)
- How to create a FYE accrual entry (video)
- Finance.AccountingHelp@ucdenver.edu (Finance Office) for questions regarding year-end processes or deadlines.
- FinProHelp@cu.edu (PSC) for procurement related questions.