CU Innovations has an opening for a part-time Business Development Analyst.
About CU Anschutz
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $500 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care hubs in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Business Development Analyst (Part-time)
CU Innovations, Anschutz Medical Campus
Nature of Work:
- CU Innovations works with many of the world’s leading life sciences and digital health companies. The Business Development Analyst will assist the business development team in creation of partnerships between these companies and the scientific labs, clinicians and healthcare systems co-located at the Anschutz Medical Campus. The Business Development Analyst will support CU Innovations in its efforts to form world class research, co-development, service, and other partnership arrangements.
- CU Innovations also works with researchers and clinicians to discover new therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics, research tools and digital health solutions to improve the lives and outcomes of patients. CU Innovations works directly with faculty at University of Colorado, and staff at Children’s Hospital Colorado to commercialize their innovations. It is our mission to enable commercialization through the best route for a given technology and ensure that technologies can benefit patients. While duties will be primarily be in support of the business development team, assignments may span venture development, licensing and special projects to advance the institution’s commercialization efforts.
- This position reports to the Sr. Business Development Manager.
- Liaise with life science companies on in-bound requests.
- Coordinate in-take for new RFPs and solicitations from industry and investors, identify areas of potential internal interest and socialize accordingly.
- Provide timely and professional communication with company contacts.
- Network internally and externally and identify areas for potential future engagement.
- Maintain contact lists and logs.
- Support business development team in partnering efforts.
- Create marketing collateral and presentations showcasing Anschutz research, innovation and capabilities unique to the Anschutz Campus.
- Participate with and support senior BD personnel in industry conferences and other business development events.
- Support senior BD personnel in pitch events, meetings, negotiations and due diligence.
- Assist and/or lead assigned special projects (e.g. business plans, technical presentations and reports, strategy development) through to completion as assigned.
- Stay informed on latest technological innovations and market trends/opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to act in a credible and professional manner with internal constituents and external companies.
- Completed or pursuing a post-graduate degree in life sciences or business administration with relevant knowledge of health/life sciences.
- Bachelors degree from accredited institution.
- Experience in biomedical research, healthcare, and/or business development a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of professional contacts.
- Ability to work independently and to manage a large, diverse set of tasks and projects with an attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated professional with exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to University values and strong business ethics.
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications including advanced functions.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and develop succinct reports and findings.
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking PowerPoint presentations.
Wages and Benefits:
Wages are hourly at $18/hour.
This position is part-time and 50% remote. Work schedule is expected to be around 10-20 hours/week. Work study eligible preferred. One-year minimum commitment required.
Required Application Materials:
Apply here. The following will likely be requested:
- A current CV/resume
- A 1-page cover letter
- List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we may conduct background investigations for this position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.